First Dr. Appt. After Surgery Update

Blog Post created by minihorses on Dec 3, 2019

I had the surgery on my shoulder last Tuesday.  I've had wear a bolster which is an extremely hard foam piece that the sling attaches to then goes against my body to keep my arm stabilized, 24 hrs. a day. To be honest I've been a bad girl and used my arm somewhat even with the whole stabilizer rig on. Today is my first appt. with the doctor. I hope he allows me to take the bolster off and I can just wear the sling. I've managed to shower with help from my husband. He went and got the suction cup attached shower handles to help getting in and out and one inside the shower so I don't fall on my a** but I still need his help.  After the fall in my kitchen where I slammed my head on the floor I don't want to take a chance.  I'll keep you all up to date when I get home this afternoon.


I had my follow up after surgery last week. I must have moved my arm the wrong way getting dressed and instantly caused so much pain I started screaming and crying so hard I was shaking. The doctor told me  exactly what was done. The rotator cuff only had a 1mm tear so just a couple of stitches fixed it.  As for the bicep tendon, it was hanging onto the collar bone by literally a thread. He cut the bad part off and had to grind out a piece of my collar bone to move the bicep tendon over. Then the adjustments were made to make it the right length. The surgeon said it looks great I could start physical therapy this week.

I made the mistake of telling the doctor that I fell and slammed my head, was unconscious and had been off balance, Now I am dizzy and blurred vision. They did an x-ray on my shoulder to make sure I hadn't messed up the shoulder and the last position they put me in I did the same scream and cry  Then she told me that since I hit my head and was still dizzy and blurred vision I had to go the the ER right away and get a CT scan.  I was in so much pain there was no way I was going to lay on that hard, flat table. Of course They called my doctor and he said to stop by so he could give me a once over and send me to the ER by calling  them to let them know I'm coming.  I was crying so hard the entire way from their office to the car. My son said we are going to the ER. I kept explaining why not and he let me come home.  I tried to get an authorization to go to the ER yesterday but no dice. They said that because I hadn;t gone on the day I was supposed to they wouldn't just send an authorization to go to the ER and get an MRI I couldn't afford the $300 dollars it costs just to walk in the door. I've got enough bills from the surgery coming in.  I'll have to live with the vision blur and dizziness.  My first physical therapy is next week. That's another $45 per visit. So here I sit trying o hold on to another day.