- I've had a very nice, uneventful 2 and 1/2 days. In my 37 days of being nicotine free, that's not terribly unusual. But I have learned it is also not something I can take for granted. So I'm feeling very grateful right now.
- Speaking of learning:
- I've taken 2 "Quit Smoking" classes from 2 different hospitals in the last 3 years. Both were 6 weeks (Six 90 minute classes). Both were taught by Registered Nurses who had been teaching their classes for several years. Both nurses had never smoked in their lives.
- Both classes had all kinds of "expert" reading and video materials for us.
- Both classes had 6 people in them and both classes had a 100% fail rate within 2 weeks after the last class.
- I can honestly say I've learned more in 3 days on this site than in 12 weeks of supposed "expert" advice. Very grateful for that as well.
- And, speaking of learning:
- I joined this site looking for advice from people who had successfully quit for a year or more. I got that, but have also learned just as much from those who have only recently begun their journey. Grateful for that too.
- I guess I should have called this "Grateful Musings", not "Random Musings"