Well it happened. I started smoking again after almost 6 years as an ex-smoker. My mother passed away last week and I fell back into smoking almost immediately. I'm not here to beat myself up, but I'm here to get back on the wagon. It's only been a week off and I believe I have the ability to make healthy choices again. Part of my plan is to get on and make gratitude & intention posts to help focus on this gift I'm going to give to myself again.
Today I start at 0. This is a fresh day and I know I can do this <3
I'm grateful for...
- Supportive partners who want to see me succeed as an ex-smoker.
- A peaceful breakfast before work. I ate quiche and drank coffee surrounded by my pots of flowers and new lilac bush.
- Being able to give my body and soul the gift of health.
- 36 years with a wonderful mother who was proud of me every time I tried to quit. I'm proud that when she passed, I was smoke-free for almost 6 years. Here's to another 6 (and then some!!!)
I can do this! I promise myself I will...
- Forgive myself
- Be kind to my body as it experiences cravings
- Drink lots of water
- Take naps when I need them
- Not smoke!