1. Understand the beast.
What exactly makes it tick...How it draws you back...How to avoid the traps set to keep you addicted. You can learn all about this by reading the many articles on EX Community and blogs throughout this site. For instance :Are you aware that every tome you take a drag from a cigarette that you are waking up your brains receptors to set yourself up for the next crave? That was an eye opener for me...it was a huge chunk of knowledge to keep me compelled to quit and stay quit.
2. Have a plan of action. List your triggers and make a list of what you will do to either avoid those triggers or handle them as they come. Keep them on hand and read them often.
3. Form your support team. This site is always here 24/7 so even if your not in the best situation at home with family or friends to have your back, we do. So theres no excuse. Are you thinking about smoking? Many romance the thought of it days or hours right before they 'cave'. THAT is your red flag. Go to your support then...not later.
4. Do you want it bad enough ( kick the habit )? Understand that you will go through ruff times. Are you willing to fight for it? How have you prepared for the fight? Determine your ACTION steps when it looks like defeat is coming into play.
DECIDE...today is your 'BREAKTHROUGH DAY'.
5. So you fell off the wagon .....Most of us have. So what now? Jump back in. You have 2 choices.....
A) Continue to smoke and step up your studies on why you failed and learn more about the addiction and prepare yourself to quit again and set another quit date and quit on that date.
B) Quit smoking immediately and continue to educate yourself on this site to further your knowledge on the addiction, why you failed and how you can stay quit. Stay active on this site and allow us to support you.
BOTH WAYS CAN HELP YOU AND THATS THE BEAUTY OF IT
6. There is also a 3rd choice......Ignore it all. Continue to live a life as Nicotines prisoner. Allow Nicotine to determine and control your health, your life, your environment your willingness to survive...yadda,yada,yada.....
7. HOWEVER....Lets say a 4th choice is an option.......Choose life and take back the control of your body
YOU are worth the effort
WE are here to help
IT REALLY ALL JUST COMES DOWN TO A CHOICE
ALL YOURS TO MAKE