How ? Why ?
Because staying accountable pushes me to get to my goals . How ? For me that was staying accountable first to me and when necessary to others as well .
Staying accountable puts me in the position of control over my goal if it's quitting smoking , losing weight , or getting a task done .
Daily I decided to not smoke and to do something different . To take charge over my thoughts .
Daily , since this pandemic I committed myself to walking . I did so for three reasons .
1) to help get through the pandemic
2) at the very least maintain my weight rather than having a gain through the pandemic
3) to help my lungs . I have moderate / borderline severe COPD due to smoking cigarettes .
How did I take accountability ?
1) by taking responsibility , advocating healthy behaviour self talk , then action by doing .
2) by joining a get moving group right here for inspiration , incentive and accountability and a quit smoking site for the same.
Here there was opportunity to walk the journey with others free of judgement . Here there was loads of understanding amongst ex smokers.
Here was where success stories were the encouragement.
Then to be able to stay here , and give back that much needed hope to others was just icing on the cake.
So folks , that so impossible "to do " what we think you "can't do " , can be done !
What were the benefits of this accountability for me ?
1) I quit smoking and stayed quit .
2) I began to love walking .
3) My lungs did improve over last winter tremendously .
You are right l COPD will not go away but excersise helps to keep them awake and active l and quitting smoking keeps the gunk out. Healthy decisions , healthy lungs .
4) I lost weight
5) I gained confidence
6) I feel better , younger , healthier and happier than ever before .
1) So my advise to any newcomer is to stay accountable to you , stay accountable to your quit , to your walk , and to others .
Stay accountable , stay the course , stay quit and keep walking .