Today, October 1, 2018, marks the six year anniversary of quitting smoking for me. I was unsure that I could actually quit , but damn if I didnt! I actually succeeded and beat cigarettes.
If you're reading this post, please allow me to say the following about success in quitting :
1. You really have to WANT to quit.
2. You have to quit drinking for a few months . (Nothing ruins your quit faster than a couple of beers.)
3. Buy some Nicorette gum, and chew that for a few months, instead of lighting up.
4. When you feel strong enough, get some Big Red gum and substitute that for the Nicorette. (You have to work to quit the Nicorette gum like you did the cigarettes, but it's easier.)
5. Stick close to this site, Becomeanex.org, because you need the encouragement of other quitters.
So, that's how I did it. ....you can do it too! I hope you are successful in your endeavor !
PS.....I really can't say that I physically feel better for quitting, although so many say they do, ...but mentally I feel better because I beat those dangerous cigarettes.
The best of luck to you, and hopefully success!