A mini-list of things you can do at home to keep your hands and your mind busy if you can't go out to do other things.
(With a nod of homage to 100+ Things to do instead of smoking / vaping / chewing and other similar posts.)
- Find a mindless yet addictive game on your phone or tablet. Right now I'm doing some kind of wood block stacking thingy over and over and over...
- CRAFTS! Can't say that one enough. Knitting, crocheting, sewing, painting, woodworking, gluing things on other things...
- Puzzles. Jigsaw puzzles. Crossword puzzles. Dot-to-dot puzzles. Word finds.
- Coloring. Very popular right now. All kinds of adult coloring books and materials you can order online.
- Writing. Some people love to keep journals. Start one, either with actual paper or open a word document.
- Take everything out of your refrigerator, clean the shelves, put stuff back in.
- Do the same with a closet.
- Clean the baseboards.
- Open up the boxes with the doodads from the places from back when you used to go out. Have a nostalgia day.
- When's the last time you wrote an actual letter? Anyone you haven't talked to in a long time?
- Give yourself a manicure and/or pedicure.
- Order some new makeup online. When it arrives, play with it.
- Do you have a paper shredder?
- If there's something you've always wanted to try, like a new recipe for instance, now's the perfect time.
I don't know about you, but staying home can get a little boring after awhile. I'm always looking for ways to pick a dull day. My latest thing is trying out smoothie delivery services. You know those ads on TV for frozen fruit and veggies in cups, etc.? I tried those, and now I'm trying dried ones you mix with milk. (I use almond milk - lactose intolerant.)
Hit me up via direct message if you'd like names of actual services, or if you'd like the full picture I posted up there as a banner.
Have fun and keep that quit precious.