I decided to make this about our beloved pets; they enrich our lives, make us better people for caring for them, but I will never know if I do for them as much as they do for me!
Enjoy, and Happy Friday to our pets and us!
1. “Our perfect companions never have fewer than four feet.”
2. “Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.”
3. “In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
4. “If you hold a cat by the tail you learn things you cannot learn any other way.”
5. “I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.”
6. “Time spent with cats is never wasted.”
7. “The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.”
Charles de Gaulle
8. “To my mind, the only possible pet is a cow. Cows love you… They will listen to your problems and never ask a thing in return. They will be your friends forever. And when you get tired of them, you can kill and eat them. Perfect.”
9. “Cats have a scam going – you buy the food, they eat the food, they go away; that’s the deal.”
10. “If you eliminate smoking and gambling, you will be amazed to find that almost all an Englishman’s pleasures can be, and mostly are, shared by his dog.”
George Bernard Shaw
11. “No one can feel as helpless as the owner of a sick goldfish.”
12. “Dogs are the leaders of the planet. If you see two life forms, one of them's making a poop, the other one's carrying it for him, who would you assume is in charge?”