Happy AUGUST! everyone, welcome to the Daily Pledge in the community where we can meet daily to take another person's hand and make our commitment stronger.
Let's take a look at what some of the significant events in the month of AUGUST are....I think some of them are worth taking a look at.
Well, first off...like July used to be called "Quintilis," AUGUST used to be called "Sextillis." Hmm???? I am not so sure of those Romans....lol. Actually though AUGUST is the latin translation. As July was renamed by the Roman Senate in honor of Julius Ceasar, Sextillis was renamed in honor of yet another Ceasar, this time it was Augustus Ceasar! Not to be upstaged by Julius, Augustus too wanted to have 31 days in his month as well. They took their extra days both from the month of February....hence we only have 28, or 29 days left in February.
It's birthstone is the Peridot, or sometimes the Sardonyx.
Oh yeah, AUGUST is also known for "national picnic month!" yummm with all of the hot weather coming, no wonder....
This last month of the summer will introduce the fall, or autumn to us soon....
Know this, having the opportunity to be your humble servant and to help keep the "Pledge page running as smoothly as I can," well, let me say this, "it's an honor and a privilege to do it. Thank you for all of your support. June and July, both were big successes in my book anyway....in that it was fun. There were alot of fun facts brought up during the month, and most importantly, we were reaching out and helping each other stay strong in our quits by pledging to NOT SMOKE....NO MATTER WHAT! That we can all be proud of.
I am so pleased to have been able to bring you some of these facts that you may or may not have known....
However......the most important thing that we can do each and "EVERYDAY" during the month, is to Pledge not to smoke one single puff of nicotine....NO MATTER WHAT!!!!! So let's get on this pledge page all month long.....everyday come in here and grab a hold of a brother or sister in recovery that has already made their pledge, and extend your other hand to the nEXt EXer in line....and offer up the daily pledge to not smoke one single puff of nicotine....NO MATTER WHAT!!!
How to pledge:
- Go to the bottom of the first page, and look for the "red box" that reads add comment.
- Now look to the immediate right...if you see red arrows indicating pages, then click on the last arrow (usually a double arrow on the far right) and it will take you to the last page of comments that were made in the month so far....note: if the arrows are not present yet, then simply click on the red "add comment" box...either way you will end up in step 3:
- ...and you will automatically be brought to the end of the document, or last page...now scroll down until you see a dialogue box....
- Scroll up to the previous comment and read who just made the last pledge, then type your pledge to that person by simply grabbing onto their outstretched hand, and make your pledge, and extend your hand.
- After you select the Red Box that says Add Comment, (just underneath your dialogue box)...you've made your pledge. Come back tomorrow and pledge again.
As you go through your day you know that you have these two people with you and all of you are keeping each other strong. It really is that simple! I don't spend too much time with it...I know that I will be here the next day as well....I invest maybe 45 seconds to a couple of minutes and I am done with that pledge for the day....
The beauty comes from knowing that I participated in keeping the flame burning for the nEXt EXer in this wonderful community of ours. Sometimes, that is all that is needed to remind me that I simply Do Not Smoke ANYMORE....NO MATTER WHAT!!!!
Please enjoy your August, and try to stop in as often as you can this month....I will start this month right now......
I am Pops....and I am on this site with 434 Days of Freedom, and I am extending a Hand to the nEXt EXer in here that wants to make a pledge with me to not smoke one single puff of nicotine.....NO MATTER WHAT!!!