I am an addictions professional and a college professor. I run a smoking cessation program, and am happy to help answer any questions about various tools for quitting smoking, particularly the use of tobacco harm reduction (vaping). Feel free to ask about the latest science!
At the request of EX administration I add the following information & disclaimers:
1. I speak only for myself. I have no connection to EX other than as a subscriber trying to stay off cigarettes.
2. I have no financial connection to the vaping, tobacco or pharmaceutical industries. I do solicit donations from vapers and vaping vendors to distribute at no cost to adult smokers, mostly recovering addicts. No money is involved, and I do this as a volunteer.
3. For the last 20 years I have taught addiction studies (including pharmacology of Substance Use Disorders) at various colleges and universities, specializing in laws & ethics and harm reduction.
4. I am a Master's level addiction counselor (CATC IV) and a Certified Smoking Cessation Counselor (CCSC), certified by California Association for Alcohol & Drug Educators (CAADE). I am a past president and current Board member of CAADE, which officially supports the use of Tobacco Harm Reduction, including vaping as one of the tools. I am also a Commissioner for the Los Angeles County Commision for Alcohol and Other Drugs (COAD).
5. I agree with the American Cancer Society's view on helping smokers: "