You have found a great community. We are like one big family here. There is a great deal of information to quit on our site. I am including some info to help you get started on your quit.
- Celebrations & Events, we have the daily pledge. You can take the hand of someone to pledge that you will not smoke that day. Then we have the Freedom Train where you can join us to celebrate milestones. Be sure to read the blog, it has detailed information about the train especially, how to sign up.
- We have many groups here.Best of EX, is a compilation of some of the best blogs that are very informative, uplifting etc. Positive Affirmations and Support, also has positive support there. Laughter is the Best Medicine, well the name says it all. LOL Be sure to check them out!
- Videos to prepare to quit smoking http://whyquit.com/joel/dayzero.htm
4. Ebooks- free downloadable links
Allen Carr's Book..Easy Way to Stop Smoking (free downloadable ebook)
Freedom from Nicotine
The Journey Home
by John R. Polito
Never Take Another Puff
By Joel Spitzer
5. Links to blogs and websites
Help For Cravings And Tough Situations
Full Index of Lessons (10-1hr )
Lifelines! The keys to a successful quit!
Things To Do Instead Of Smoke
Preparing For Your Quit
Dear Friends & Family: Here's What To Expect From Me While I Quit...
Why Willpower Can Never Work
Putting A Stop To Smoky Thinking
Foods that could help you quit and ones to stay away from
Law of Addiction
No Mans Land- Days 30-130
What's After No Mans Land
The Version Of Us
( some of these links are found in Best of Ex group)
6 D's (when you get a craving, urge, thought)
DIAL A FRIEND
DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT
24 Things to Remember Each Day As It Passes
1. Your presence is a present to the world.
2. You're unique; one of a kind.
3. Your life can be what you want it to be.
4. Take the days just one at a time.
5. Count your blessings, not your troubles.
6. You'll make it through whatever comes along.
7. Within you are so many answers.
8. Understand, have courage, be strong.
9. Don't put limits on yourself.
10. So many dreams are waiting to be realized.
11. Decisions are too important to leave to chance.
12. Reach for your peak, your goal, and your prize.
13. Nothing wastes more energy than worrying.
14. The longer one carries a problem, the heavier it gets.
15. Don't take things too seriously.
16. Live a life of serenity, not a life of regrets.
17. Remember that a little love goes a long way.
18. Remember that a lot goes forever.
19. Remember that friendship is a wise investment.
20. Life's treasures are people -- together.
21. Realize that nothing is ever too late.
22. Do ordinary things in an extraordinary way.
23. Have health and hope and happiness.
24. Take the time to wish upon a star.