Some people grumble that roses have thorns; I am grateful that thorns have roses.”– Alphonse Karr
No, I was not what we call a "happy quitter" the numbers here for happy quitters is always very few. I would call myself "a positive quitter" (You can read my blogs. lol) I was pumped up! For every negative, I would turn it into a positive or just resolved that No Matter What I was not going to smoke.
I believe for every negative, some good has to come from it. Being the middle child of seven this has been a part of me for a long time. I do understand everyone is not like that. Some people see the positive in a situation, and others see the negative. It is all about the point of view. For one person, something might be pleasant, but for the other, it is annoying. How do we get from negative thinking to positive thinking that we CAN quit smoking? It does not happen overnight, it takes, guess what? TIME and PRACTICE ( in my high pitch singing voice).
Here are a few pointers
- Visualize how you will feel and what you will have once your goal is completed.” (Freedom) What does that look like to you?
- It requires a change in your attitude and point of view from within with persistence. (it may mean letting go of past hurts) If necessary seek professional help.
- Being around people that have positive attitudes help.
- You will be surprised how wearing a smile or a laugh can change things.
- Speaking about your problems over and over again, eventually, develops the habit of staying negative most of the time. The more you speak about your negative experiences the more negative your mindset becomes.
- Avoid, repeating in your mind negative thoughts and narrations about yourself.
- Use less often the words like 'cannot', 'impossible', 'difficult' 'struggle" and similar words
- Engage yourself in some physical activity if you can. Go for a walk, swim, or go to the gym, cook, bake, or go dancing or fix something at home.
- Don't act like a victim, instead, take charge of the situation.
- Live while you are alive and find some enjoyment in each day (Joyce Meyers) just heard this one.
- Watching a funny movie diverts your mind from your problems and negative thoughts.
- Read positive quotes Positive Affirmations and Support
- Move forward and break the bondage of addiction.
- Say YES I Can!
There is power in positive thinking. Believe that.