~~Your body loves you, love it back.~~ Unknown
How amazing is it that our bodies work 24/7 and never give up on us? They work to minimize the damage as we put poisons in them...they heal our broken bones....they keep us walking...they allow us to see, to hear, to touch, to smell....they work when we're sleeping and when we want to sleep and when we can't sleep....they do, in fact, love us.
And how do we love them back? We withhold nutrients by not eating right. We dehydrate it by not giving it enough water. We push it to it's very limits as we don't get enough sleep, we don't know how to handle our stress or avoid it, and we poison it by smoking. Smoking depletes the oxygen in our bodies....slowly suffocating our bodies cigarette by cigarette.
But there is good news. Did you know that:
- The large number of nicotine receptors in your brain will return to normal levels after about a month of being quit.
- Stopping smoking will improve your night vision and help preserve your overall vision by stopping the damage that smoking does to your eyes.
- Quitting can lower your blood pressure and heart rate almost immediately. Your risk of a heart attack declines within 24 hours.
- Your blood will become thinner and less likely to form dangerous blood clots. Your heart will also have less work to do, because it will be able to move the blood around your body more easily.
- . Within two weeks of quitting, you might notice it’s easier to walk up the stairs because you may be less short of breath.
- Quitting smoking immediately is the best way to lower your risk of getting cancer.
- When you quit smoking, your body will begin to heal from the injuries that smoking caused. Eventually, your white blood cell counts will return to normal and will no longer be on the defensive.
- Quitting smoking will improve blood flow to wounds, allowing important nutrients, minerals, and oxygen to reach the wound and help it heal properly.
I got these facts from https://smokefree.gov/quit-smoking/why-you-should-quit/benefits-of-quitting. But you can talk to people here and find out some of this same information. I was amazed to notice that colors seemed brighter and more vivid....I could smell foods, nature, rain, people....I wasn't as cold....I slept better....and the list goes on!!
Back to your body, though. Don't you think it's time to treat it right? Don't you think it's time to make friends with it? Don't you think it's time to say "Thank you" to it? Don't hate it because you have high blood pressure. Don't hate it because you gain weight. Don't hate it because you can't breathe properly. Chances are much of this you did to it, not the other way around (although not always).
Love your body. It's the only place you have to live