~~Today do one little thing to take better care of yourself...........then repeat tomorrow.~~ Unknown
Taking care of you should be your number 1 priority. It really should!! You can't take care of others if you are sick. You can better take care of others when you are feeling your best. And we all know that you aren't taking good care of yourself if you are smoking.
I am usually not very advice driven or "in your face" about your quit. Not because I don't care, but because I'm not the best at advice or statistics or things like that. But it's time I tell you what I do know.
1. You are here on earth for a reason. You matter to the world....you matter. Being addicted to nicotine takes you away from that purpose. You don't feel good about who you are and your shine is dimmed because of that.
2. Your health means everything. You need energy to live. You need your body functioning at its highest level. Smoking kills. Period.
3. You need to believe in yourself. You have heard, I'm sure, since you were a child that you can do anything in the world you set your mind to. And you can. Don't let the addiction win. Believe in yourself.
4. No one can quit for you. Not the Tommys or the Sooties or the Bee Jays of this site. Your quit is your baby! Nurture it, nuture you and you will succeed.
5. The world waits for you. Isn't that something? The world is waiting for your shine!! You are so much more than you give yourself credit for....and when you quit smoking, you will understand that. There is a beauty in becoming who you really are and a peace in your soul when you are doing the best for you.
Ok, That's it. All the advice I can give about quitting. For me its so much more than just a cigarette or even just putting down a cigarette. Its life. Your life. And it means the world to me. It should mean even more to you :)
Best wishes to each one of you who understands that quitting means life and you are willing to reach for that life!! Best wishes to each one of you who is still scared, nervous, and/or doubtful. You can do this and you are so very worth it!! And best wishes to those who stay here to help, to encourage, to guide. You shine.