I am a Mom of two daughters and grandmother of four. My family means everything to me. I have smoked way to long, I started when I was 14 years old and am now 61. About 46 years. I never learned how to handle my stress or emotions without a ciguarette. There are so many other things to do instead of smoking away my life. Time to get real about this - smoking kills.
I am forever grateful for all the wonderful people here on EX helping me start my quit. My life is very stressful because of a very ill husband. It's no excuse not to maintain my quit. I am beginning to grieve for his good health, and feel helpless and powerless to heal him. I am in the anger stage of grieving. He has all of my heart and I have been with him since I was 17 years old. 42 years of marriage, 44 years together. I am trying to hold myself and him together. He quit smoking 14 years ago, I continued to smoke outside. How selfish of me!!! I am so dumb because I have been in denial about smoking for so long!! In spite of the fact that he has COPD, and I have been with him to so many visits to the lung specialist. NO MORE..........I'm going for a forever quit, if he can make it happen for so long so can I!!! I am done with all the indecision of smoke or quit? I AM QUIT - AND KEEPING IT!!!
My REASONS for KEEPING THE QUIT Are as FOLLOWS::
1. My HUSBAND, my KIDS, GRANDKIDS and FAMILY ARE MORE important than having a ciguarette!
2. My LIFE is more important than having a ciguarette!
3. I want to LIVE LONGER..
4. I want to IMPROVE my HEALTH.
5. I want a WHITE smile.
6. I want to be a ROLE MODEL.
7. I want FRESH BREATH
8. I want to SMELL GOOD..
9. I want to SAVE MONEY..
10.I want my FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!
I won't ever give up. Quit and Win or quit and Loose, that is the question.
1. I don't want to stink from cigarettes.
2. I don't want to go outside to smoke in the miserable weather.
3. I don't want stains on my teeth and fingers.
4. I don't want COPD, Cancer, or any other health related disease from smoking.
5. I don't want to be spending all my money on cigarettes!
No brief description in profile.
No website in profile.
family and friends, crochet, walking, reading, swimming, fishing, yoga and meditation, puzzles, and talking on the phone.
i won't smoke anymore!