cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Artist5

I want my account DELETED

Jump to solution

How do I get my account deleted? I have tried to unsubsribe. It won;t let me....now I just want to get the thing deleted.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Artist5

There is no way for you to delete your account yourself. I'll get your account disabled and your personal information removed. We don't delete accounts that have community content associated with them as that would delete the content(replies) of others. 

Great questions Giulia‌. If Artist5‌ wants to share their feedback they can sent to feedback@becomeanex.org but I assume they didn't get a notification as they mentioned they unsubscribed.  We also love continuous improvement.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Can you give more detail on it not letting you. A screenshot for example?

Then we can get that done.

Mark

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

OK just tried to unsubscribe again from the emails and it seems to have allowed me, can you now also delete my account completely. I do not want to be a member any longer. If you can’t do it - can you tell me how I can DELETE it. Thanks

0 Kudos

Mommamich - you also want to delete your account here? Or just the site notifications you receive in your email box?  If the former, I also would like to know why you no longer want to be a part of this community?   What perhaps is it that we are not giving you as far as education and support?   What is lacking for you. WHY are you leaving?  Is it difficulty navigating the site?  Is it the content that's upsetting?  What is causing you to delete your account?  Could be as simple as - I'm not really interested in quitting any more.  It just helps us all to know why you've made this request.  

We in the community, no, let's make that I would like to know why you want to delete your account.  If you're not "getting" what we're offering, if what we're offering isn't helping - then  wewant to know why it's not and what we can do to change it.   

0 Kudos

Thanks Giulia!  I'd like to know why also.  Mommamich, don't give up on us, and on you!  Tell us what you need to succeed.  I'm sure it's here and if not, it will be.  Don't give up, reach out!!! You can do it!

Donna 22 DOF

0 Kudos

Not smoking but for me when I come on the site it makes me crave them. Trying to avoid reminders until I'm stronger. 

I know how you feel, but it means that you need to get into the healthy eating or exercise groups here and not the general conversations. I went to a smoking cessation group at out local hospital and had been quit for 17 days when the subject of craving was the focus of one of our meetings.  We  focused on cravings for a whole full hour, after the meeting I just went to the corner store and bought a pack of cigarettes. sometimes the way people go on about cravings and triggers on this site promotes craving itself. I just try not to think about cigarettes. Thinking about craving and triggers is thinking about smoking.

Mommamich‌  Ah, I totally understand.  Hanging around the site is beneficial in one aspect and not so much on another because in the latter case is does tend to keep us in cigarette thinking mode.

To change your notifications, hover over the little red down arrow next to your avatar, then click on Preferences, then click on the No's.  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/docs/DOC-1076-turning-emailtext-notifications-on-and-off   That way you won't be bombarded with notifications and can simply come here when you choose.  Which I hope will be at least once a week.  It's good for maintenance.

Artist5

There is no way for you to delete your account yourself. I'll get your account disabled and your personal information removed. We don't delete accounts that have community content associated with them as that would delete the content(replies) of others. 

Great questions Giulia‌. If Artist5‌ wants to share their feedback they can sent to feedback@becomeanex.org but I assume they didn't get a notification as they mentioned they unsubscribed.  We also love continuous improvement.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos