cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

hollyrose

4 hour cravings in the morning

It's my second day off the junk. I noticed that in the morning there are persistent, strong urges to smoke that don't go away. After that though it falls back to ten minute cravings I can breathe or meditate to. Is this normal? Any tips for powering through?

12 Replies
indingrl

CONGRATS HOLLYROSE ON TWO DAYS NICOTINE FREE.... WELCOME NON SMOKER... WELCOME.... fyi great FREE BOOK READ at whyquit.com...it was SUGGESTED for ME to read NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF by Joel who has been helping those with nicotine addiction and to blog just like you are and WAIT for ALL the unconditional love and help to come... fyi just google 12 step program in your area they have on libe groups too please keep coming BACK! Thank you for helping ME remain a NON SMOKER TODAY WITH YOU... your doing GREAT!

0 Kudos
hollyrose

Thanks! I really appreciate that. 

0 Kudos
indingrl

You are welcome and please know I too appreciate you!

0 Kudos
elvan

Just remember that it is a journey and when you have a few more mornings behind you...the craves will get weaker.  No crave ever killed anyone but no one can say that about smoking.  I kept saying NOPE, Not One Puff Ever...over and over and over again.  I felt a bit stronger each day...I do remember feeling that I would never stop thinking about smoking at one point and my husband suggested getting on my knees and praying to have the mental obsession removed.  I will admit that I wasn't sure it was going to do anything but I would have taken ANY suggestion at that point and I am happy to say that it worked wonders.

You are doing great just by coming here and posting...that's empowering.

Ellen

hollyrose

Thank you! I haven't tried prayer, just meditation. Will do tomorrow.

0 Kudos
elvan

Remember that we are here...reach out if you need help, we all want you to succeed and we have all been where you are...there are no short cuts in quitting.  One step at a time.

Ellen

0 Kudos
hollyrose

Thank you so much. I'll be using this group a lot

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

I could be wrong but it may be that you are fighting and possibly tensing up when the urge comes which may increase the intensity and duration of the urge.  If you would relax, breathe, Relax, Breathe and know that it will pass.  Riding it like a wave my decrease the intensity.  Breathe, Relax, Let it Flow.  Try.to Imagine yourself just floating.  Enjoy the ride.  Think of crave as a cleansing buzz.  Let if flow, it won;t last long.  Freedom your new fix. Try that and let me know if it's any better. 

hollyrose

I will try that and let you know thanks!

On Mar 6, 2018 12:57 PM, "JACKIE1-25-15" <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

0 Kudos