cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DonnaMarie

To bed with me

My two goals for tomorrow are no smoking and walk a mile. 

One minute, quarter hour, half hour, hour, and day at a time. 

7 Replies
YoungAtHeart

That's how it's done.  I am SO happy you are starting right in again!  Let us know if you have questions or need support.  You might think about what caused you to light that cigarette after you quit last time, and make a plan for what you will do differently in the same situation/emotion this time ------ before it comes up.

Nancy

0 Kudos
DonnaMarie

What made me light up? Easy. It's want versus need. And the want itself is unreasonable. Today, I play mind games with myself. I can bum from my sister or I can choose not to smoke. I will choose not to smoke for the next hour. Frickin addiction. I refuse to accept it. I can beat this just like so many before me. Speaking of which, I think I'll enjoy a cinnamon toothpick. Whoever suggested those knows what they're talking about. 

quitter.JPG

elvan

It gets easier DonnaMarie‌, a little at a time but it DOES get easier and WE get stronger and more committed to our quits and to OURSELVES! So glad you are here...ask your sister to keep all cigarettes and smoking stuff out of site and ask her to care enough about you to say no if you ask to bum a cigarette.  PLEASE...take care of yourself.

DonnaMarie

Do cherry jelly beans count as taking care of myself?

On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 12:36 PM, elvan <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

0 Kudos
elvan

DonnaMarie‌ Do Sour Patch Kids???  I ate so many of those that the top of my mouth and my tongue were SORE.  ANYTHING that is not tobacco...yep cherry jelly beans count.  Where did you get cherry jelly beans?  

0 Kudos
Roller831

Ditto what Nancy said and you can do this!!!

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

I got so used to smoking, so used to the addiction, that smoking seemed to be everything. When I quit, I felt pretty beside myself. Guess that is common for quitters. But walking, reading, work, art, and other to-dos helped some. Damn addiction  is right. But I have no doubt that you can pull together a strategy that works for you in your early days. Thanks for being here and talking about how it is going for you. 

0 Kudos